Sotonian Lodge and Cell Dara Stables
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sotonian Lodge and Cell Dara Stables

Rennaissance Kingdoms friends joining together for roleplay fun.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(RP) Fox Hunt

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 8:04 am

OOC: Please sign in here to join the fox hunt which will start in a couple days.

Expect cold weather and snow on the ground. Please list your equipment and mount.
Back to top Go down
http://sotonianlodge.niceboards.net

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Caissa, is it ok if I come along just for the ride? I do have a horse, his name is Brego.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:50 pm

that's great maladicta. I understand if you don't really want to hurt a fox.
Back to top Go down
http://sotonianlodge.niceboards.net

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Oh good Caissa, this be my stallion Thunder. I do so hope you do not mind us riding along for your hunt? I will lady like use my side saddle, but I afraid no formal hunting gear do I own. I shall if allowed indulge in my fighting leathers covered properly with my cloak. You hunt sounds to be if nothing else a rogorous ride for a slowly wilting free spirit.

(RP)  Fox Hunt Horse-1
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:46 am

I'll be here, well Desi will be. I wouldn't RL either, but historical accuracy is paramount and it's not a real fox :-)
Back to top Go down
Caissa

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Caissa arrives with his two Irish Wolfhounds: Shamrock and Emerald. They are enthusiastic, having never been on a fox hunt. He also has his faithful horse Visitation, and a younger horse in tether named Blackie in case a sprint is needed.
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Thunder becoming anxious at the sight of the to slightly niaved hounds quickly draws Nickyls attentions. Placing her hand on his neck she rubs him the length firmly but gently hushing his energy. Seeing the other ladies in attendance Nickyl raises her hand to its edge pulling it down slightly as if tipping a hat she wasn't wearing. Smiling at Caissa, "Goodness Caissa you clean up nicely. Interesting horses." A little caught off gaurd by such a handsome man who was untouchable. She smiled lightly while hiding her blushing.

Settling herself into the akward side saddle which she definantly wasnt adjusted to. A lady by titles of her past not by nature she always rode wildly as men did. Laughing a bit with nerves of the chase. "I do think Thunder is eyeing one of these beauties." she chuckled readjusting the reigns in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Caissa

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:10 pm

"Goodness Caissa you clean up nicely. Interesting horses."

"Thank you. I couldn't very well leave my faithful Visitation home on this hunt, he would have been heart broken. But I'll need a younger faster horse if this gets hairy, so I brought another."
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:23 pm

Mal stood slightly off to one side. Brego wasn't the most sociable horse in the world, and she didn't want him taking a bite out of anyone. She ran a hand down his mane to sooth him whilst they waited to be off. She was wearing a close fitting coat that was dark blue in colour, and had a long, full skirt a shade darker. Brown boots fit snugly on her feet and on her head was a warm cloth hat. Black leather gloves completed her outfit.

Fastened securely to Brego's saddle were her supplies. She had her food rations, bread, dried meat, a few herbs. Her canteen of water was slung over the pommel (sp). She also had with her a metal plate and some cutlery, a warm blanket and some oats for Brego. Although she was only along for the ride, and didn't intend to do any hunting, she had with her a small silver dagger that was tucked into her belt.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caissa

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:27 pm

We are waiting on Jersey, then we'll be off.

OOC: i'll send everyone an ingame message when the hunt starts Smile
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Jersey Rocket had given much consideration to the expedition ahead.He'd spent many hours gathering all the tools, and equipment he suspected they'd need in order to not only be fruitful in their hunting endeavors, but to arrive safely home again. These things were laid out before him on the snowy ground as everyone gathered, and he stored them all in a number of sacks, saddle bags, and pouches one by one, checking them off as he went.
  • A leather kit containing at least 4 knives, and other sharp instruments
  • One pair bow with replacement strings
  • A quiver of arrow
  • A sling, and many bullets
  • One cord of rope roughly 15 meters long (50 feet)
  • A finely crafted block and tackle
  • A round net about 5 meters in diameter (15 feet)
  • Flint and Steel
  • Canteen of water
  • A small sack of oats
  • Several changes of stocking
  • A heavy coat
  • A spare set of boots
  • A few hides and blankets
  • Several long flexible shafts
  • And finally, some strips of cloth
He frowned upon the fact he'd no crockery, climbing gear, or first aid, for they'd spend at least one long night in the wild, but his boss, Ricochet, a coal black mustang, were the only beast of burden he meant to accompany him. He cast the dark brown locks of hair from his face, his cheeks nearly as red as the crimson scarf about his neck it were so frigid this morn, and made sure his laces on the heavy leather boots he bore were taught.

When he were ready, he stood beside Caissa, and begun to discuss the route. Rocket were very specific in his questions, for he'd never been to the gorge before. 'What sort of soil is there?' he asked, and 'Is there fresh clean water?' These were just a few things he were curious about. Here is a sketch of some of his gear.

(RP)  Fox Hunt Gear
Back to top Go down
Illynya

Illynya

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Illynya rode up to the Lodge to see the assembled company. Her two hounds Anlan and Leigan trotted at the horse's heels, tongues hanging out comically. they quickly went over to sniff Emerald and Shamrock and get reacquainted.

"I got word of a hunting event, I'm sorry if I'm late, it's a long ride from Cumberland..."

She dismounted and shook the snow out of her riding cloak, then checked her bow to make sure it hadn't been damaged during the ride.

"If you can wait a few minutes, however, I need to powder my nose after that long ride, then Alcippe, the hounds and I will join you."

Satisfied that her gear was okay, she disappeared into the lodge.

(RP)  Fox Hunt Whitehorseaa4.th (RP)  Fox Hunt Irishwolfhoundpf3.th

I have a bow and a quiver of arrows with me, and a few travel supplies including a skin of water and some rations, as well as an emergency first aid kit with bandages and a few types of crushed, dried herbs (I know how to use the basic stuff, but advanced medical technology escapes my grasp. I have no leeches this time, due to the time of year, so be thankful for that, lol). I also carry a more stout pair of boots, and a few spare pairs of stockings, a change of shirt and trousers, my trusty set of knives and sword, which is sheathed and tied to the saddle. I don't ride sidesaddle, I am am a soldier before a lady.

Edit: Goodness, I almost forgot the hounds! My two Irish Wolfhounds Anlan and Leighan are with me as well. They are young and frisky, so they'd never forgive me for not bringing them.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caissa

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:00 pm

"Welcome Illynya! Yes, we're still waiting on one more, then we should be off I think."

Seeing Illynya check her bow, Caissa inspects his carefully as well and finds it satisfactory. He also has a long knife of his own invention which has a sharp blade on one side and a relatively wide and flat surface on the other side for hammering. He has a tent kit and a medical kit on his spare horse along with provisions for man and beast.
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 7:59 pm

Degas rides up on his horse, Shadowfax, and dismounts. He greets everyone warmly and then take inventory of his gear,

English Longbow with replacement strings
A quiver of arrows
One cord of rope roughly 10 meters long
A round net about 5 meters in diameter (15 feet)
Flint and Steel
Skin of water
Skin of wine
Bottle of Irish whiskey
A small sack of feed
Several changes of stocking
A heavy coat
A spare set of boots
A few hides and blankets
Several shafts
Cloth strips
Multi-purpose knife
Dried beef jerky(4 pounds)
Wood Axe
Sword
Medical tools and bandages appropriate to the era
Pipe and pipe tobacco
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:18 pm

With all the gathering beasts and folks Thunder became more anxious of the excitement. Many years lone with nickyl he had become used to. Seeing the waiting of the hunt and Thunders condition. "I think Lord Caissa I shall hold back from the main pack of hunters. I do fear Thunders rather large hooves would signal our arrival to early in the hunt." a little nervous to her request she thought of a song. Beginning to sing to calm many a nerve that had flustered.

Blowing in the wind
How many roads must a man walk down
Before they call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
How many times must a cannon ball fly
Before they're forever banned?*
¡@
* The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind.
The answer is blowing in the wind.
¡@
How many years can a mountain exist
Before it is washed to the sea?
How many years can some people exist
Before they're allowed to be free?
How many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see?*
¡@
How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
How many ears must one man have,
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows,
That too many people have died?*

http://tko.hkcampus.net/~tko-wtc/my_story/folk%20songs-English.htm
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:26 am

Jersey Rocket watched the canines, he were pleased to see them, and enjoyed observing how they interacted with one another. They'd prove to be invaluable resources during the hunt, he had no doubt, far more even then knives, or tools.

He gave everyone plenty of time to prepare, and from time to time he'd make some remark to one of the others, 'Pleased to have you with us.' and 'I'm glad that you brought this, do you know how to use them?'. He knew the paladin, Illynya fairly well, and spent a great deal of time helping her with her gear. 'May i take a look inside your kit here?' he asked her when he saw the first aid. He noted to himself what they did have, and what they did not.

He exchanged pleasantries with Degas, for his warm greetings were always laden with a little humor too, and Jersey Rocket especially enjoyed his company. 'I believe the weather may improve actually.' he commented, and then seeing Desi had arrived to he spent a good deal of time greeting her, exchanging an embrace. He knew precisely who'd he like riding at his side at the head of the train. 'Thank you Desi, for accompanying us for a couple of days. Have you been living large?' he'd asked her, because he knew she were going through a difficult time. He hoped that this vacation would lift her spirits.

He were especially cautious of Maladicta, for he were still owed a fine slap on the cheek, mayhaps more. From afar though he scanned her gear, to be confident she were prepared. He were careful not to make contact with her eyes, for there were a history between these two, and he were still very ashamed of some of the decisions he'd made in the past. He weren't going to do anything to rekindle the entire affair, but we know despite our best intentions we'll often make some haphazard mistake, or slip of the tongue. Maladicta had every right to still be upset at him. To be on the safe side, it were a little amusing actually, he kept Desi between himself and her for fear that some hard object might suddenly be flung airborne toward his head.

He were reluctant to interrupt NickyL, whom he were not familiar with, but were content to listen to her musings while he went over some of the last minute items with Caissa. 'I'm going to give them all just a little longer to ready their things, and then i'm going to stand in the center of the road, indicating it is time to be abroad, the morning is wasting away. When we all appear to be ready, i'd be obliged if you would lead us in a brief prayer.'
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Mal was still standing off to one side with her horse when Jersy arrived. She watched from beneath lowered lashes as he gave her provisions the once over. Amusement crept in when she realised that he was avoiding looking directly at her, and a most unladylike snort of laughter escaped when he manouvered Desi between them.

She had long since spent her anger towards him, and had forgiven him for his mistakes. Not that he needs to know that straight away she thought, with a hint of mischief I might have some fun with him first

She turned her attention back to Brego then. The stallion was getting impatient to be off, and she hoped that it would not be too much longer before they left.
Back to top Go down
Caissa

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:34 pm

"Are we ready to go then? We don't want to lose the daylight."
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:50 pm

He stood close by on foot, one hand upon his boss' rein, watching as the company hemmed in on either side. He shook his head, silently acknowledging Caissa. 'Let's form a circle here in the road folks.' he said ' I want to go over some things.'

Jersey waited for everyone to fall in. As they did so, he explained, 'Hunting, and any expedition into the wild is a risky business, and i mean for each of us to get back not only successfully, but safely too. Let's observe just a couple of precautions please. Nobody go anywhere alone.' he emphasized this statement, 'Especially at dark, or when you have to relieve yourself. Being caught with your breeches down is no way to become acquainted with your first wild beast!' He let the few inevitable comments, and lewd suggestions subside. 'Secondly, let's be careful of what we eat now. If your rummage for berries or roots, and know not what they are, ask somebody! We've no time for cramps, and the runs to pass.' This were fairly obvious, but even he had made this mistake before, practically dying almost from a dismal mushroom patch. 'And lastly folk, if we spy a target, make absolutely sure to check your backdrop. Let's all approach with caution, and know precisely where each of us are. Do not circle the game people. You're likely to become a target yourself!'

He finished, wiping his sweaty hand upon his shirt, speaking in public were never his forté.
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:38 pm

Having guided Thunder gently over to the outskirts of the circle, an of course being one of the first with lewd comments flying she quickly quelled them when she realized how serious Jersey had been. Hearing words of strict no straying now she became worried, as she certainly wasn't aquainted with anyone here beyond Cassia. She certainly would not request a man of the cloth to come to her attendance while she relieved her needs. Quietly she began nudging Thunder slowly a litte more back from the circle. Looking around at the faces of those in attendance. Surprisingly plenty of ladies had showed up. She notices as Jersy wipes his hands and releases a slight snicker.
Back to top Go down
Caissa

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Caissa listens carefully to the safety lecture. He has done hunting before, but not fox hunting. He is anxious to get started and his mount can sense it and begins pawing the ground and snorting a little.
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Mal listened to what Jersey had to say, paying close attention as she had never been on a hunt before. After he finished speaking, she turned away and whispered to Brego, who was getting more agitated to be away as each minute passed. 'Soon be off, be patient just a little while longer'. She looked around at those assembled, some that she knew and some that she didn't, and wondered if new friendships would be stuck up on this trip.

Mounting Brego, she walked him round in a circle, just to keep him quiet, as she waited for the signal that they would be leaving.
Back to top Go down
Caissa

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:42 pm

Caissa, though not really the experienced hunter, feels confident to lead the party down the road towards where the tracks were first spotted.

"We're off"

Caissa's horse moves forward with the hounds in the lead.
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:55 pm

And Jersey Rocket not far behind. He mount his horse, and steered him unto the road, the baggages upon it's rump swaying this way and that. There were no questions obviously, he hoped that everyone had common-sense enough already to keep from making costly mistakes like the ones mentioned before.

He rode slightly behind the minister, frequently checking over his shoulder to be assured there were none left lingering, or neglected, and invited Desideratist, and Degas to ride beside him. 'What do you think of the rolling white clouds above? I see a hint of clear sky ahead actually, and sunbeams are likely to burst through anytime soon now.' he posed the question to Degas.

'Desideratist? Have you often wondered what the forest is like when nobody is around?' he posed another, 'I wonder if you might hear it's breath, for i've spent enough time therein to know it's wholly alive, and capable of sentient thought.'

It were probably like many companies set out upon the road, those that knew one another well stayed close, and those that did not lingered in the rear, but this were going to change, beloved, wait and see.
Back to top Go down

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Turning Thunder following the others slightly backed away. She thinks of another song that suited the situation. Singing it as they started out to get them moving. Soon slowing down and ending to hear the pounding of only horses steps upon the road.

I ‘s boun’ to see my gal to-night—
Oh, lone de way, my dearie!
De moon ain’t out, de stars ain’t bright—
Dis hoss o’ mine is pow’ful slow,
But when I does git to yo’ do’
Yo’ kiss ‘ll pay me back, an’ mo’,
Dough lone de way, my dearie.

De night is skeery-lak an’ still—
‘Cept fu’ dat mou’nful whippo’will—
De way so long wif dis slow pace,
‘T ’u’d seem to me lak savin’ grace
Ef you was on a nearer place,
Fu’ lone de way, my dearie.

I hyeah de hootin’ of de owl—
I wish dat watch-dog would n’t howl—
An’ evaht’ing, bofe right an’ lef’,
Seem p’int’ly lak hit put itse’f
In shape to skeer me half to def—

I whistles so ‘s I won’t be feared—
Oh lone de way, my dearie!
But anyhow I ‘s kin’ o’ skeered,
Fu’ lone de way, my dearie.
De sky been lookin’ mighty glum,
But you kin mek hit lighten some,
Ef you’ll jes’ say you’s glad I come,
Dough lone de way, my dearie.

http://www.libraries.wright.edu/special/dunbar/poems/hearthside/on_the_road.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

(RP)  Fox Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: (RP) Fox Hunt   (RP)  Fox Hunt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(RP) Fox Hunt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next