Sotonian Lodge and Cell Dara Stables
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sotonian Lodge and Cell Dara Stables

Rennaissance Kingdoms friends joining together for roleplay fun.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jersey Rocket

[OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Empty
PostSubject: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Hello, and welcome to the Sotonian's inaugural hunt OOC thread. I want to express to you all my thanks for bearing with me, and being patient. I've been experiencing connectivity issues which at this time i believe are resolved.

Now, what i'd like to do is explain to you the purpose of this thread. Herein we'll discuss each scene as it unfolds. One thing that's going to become fairly obvious as we go is that the Hunt is not impromptu. While the thread may take unexpected turns, and pack a few powerful surprises (for myself included), the thread is steered for the most part using a crafted 'outline', from start to finish.

There's a few general rules we'd be obliged if you observed. Firstly, please keep all the Out of Character posts over here, as the name suggests. Additionally, edit your posts carefully for spelling, and clarity of content. Choose a partner if you must, and have them proof your post if only so that the fresh pair of eyes might point out where one thing or another may be improved upon, or should be done differently for the sake of the story. By no means must the Hunt appear as a final draft, but let's put forth our level best. Our work and accomplishment largely reflects on our ability to function as a group, and do so professionally. Also, let's preserve continuity. Frequently use this thread to probe the thoughts, suggestions, and criticisms of your peer if you would, please. In all truthfulness, if this thread warrants more activity then the Hunt thread does, then it's served it's purpose.

OK let's get started, i see everyone's eager, and anxious. This second post will serve as the outline. As each scene begins, it's brief description, and intended consequence are going to be added. Every time another stage is set, i'll throw up a flag, wherein you should revisit the outline, and see where it's going next.
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

PostSubject: Re: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:59 pm

THE SOTONIAN LODGE INAUGURAL HUNT EVENT – OUTLINE

PART ONE - The Hunt Is Upon Them
  • ’Round the Table - The company of men and women awaken, and in this scene we first meet the band of men and women as the break fast about the table. They discuss their fears, and their expectations of what's to come, giving us a sense of their character. Caissa, the minister among them, will say a word expressing his excitement about the upcoming venture, and then lead them in a short prayer asking Jah to oversee them in their endeavors, and keep His hedge of safety about them.
  • The Company - The company gather outside the lodge in this scene. They saddle their packs on their backs, or on their beasts of burden. This is where they should explain the sort of gear they've on their bodies, and mean to use in the course of the hunt. They describe in full their persons, and belongings. In the previous scene we met the group as a whole, now we meet them as individuals.
  • The Road Less Taken – Their spirits are high, and the company ventures onto the road. During the stretch between the lodge, and the gorge, we follow a number of conversations between the men and women. Here they'll set the scene with detailed descriptions of the environment, with forecasts of the weather (it appears it may be sunny and mild, there be nary a cloud in the sky), and observations of the world around them.

Last edited by on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

PostSubject: Re: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:01 pm

So we've obviously skipped the first scene, which is fine. I were a little late in arriving, and Caissa hadn't read the outline. We can leap right into scene two, 'The Company'

Some of you have already begun your descriptors, and these are fine. I'm going to contribute mine next. I'd like you all to know that the hunt will likely last two days, and there are definitely some obstacles requiring gear of all sorts to overcome. Bear this in mind too, we be visiting some of the most treacherous terrain, and weather is a major factor too. So.. consider this when you choose your gear, and consider your role too.

One of the first concerns i had with Caissa, was that we had nobody able to use first aid. I'd be thrilled if everybody had some equal part to play in this tale. There are a number of roles which could be filled, while Caissa may serve as our spiritual guide in this journey, and i the most knowledgeable on surviving in the wild, we do still need other key characters on this expedition. We desperately need somebody who knows first aid, i'd like to assure you, there be at least one person i know who'll be injured in the days to come. Other roles one might play would be the quiet and observant tracker, the cook whom everyone praises for preparing extraordinary meals from some of the most base ingredients. Furthermore, what expedition is complete without a minstrel to lift everyone's spirits when the hunt is not at first fruitful?

Alright, finally, i'm going to open this up to any questions or concerns you have.
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

PostSubject: Re: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:07 am

I'm fairly pleased with a lot of these descriptions, you all done well. I'm thrilled too that we've at least a few canines, this were something i had wanted to bring along, but i misplaced my single setter in November of last year. I think she were killed along with two of my closest friends during a raid.

Alright, no questions so far, that's fantastic, and everything seems to be satisfactory. I'm going to post the next outline for scene three, 'the road less taken'. Let's gradually make that transition onto the road. In this scene we want to start building character by engaging in conversation, and making observations around us of how we perceive the world.

Anyone needs any help, only shout and you should be heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:15 am

Having guided Thunder gently over to the outskirts of the circle. An of course being one of the first with lewd comments flying she quickly qwelled them when she realized how serious Jersey had been. Hearing words of strict no solidarity now she became worried. As she certainly wasn't aquainted with anyone here beyond Cassia. She certainly would not request a man of the cloth to come to her attendance while she relieved her needs. Quietly she began nudging Thunder slowly a litte more back from the circle. Looking around at the faces of those in attendance. Surprisingly plenty of ladies had showed up.
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

PostSubject: Re: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:30 pm

OK good work NickyL. Let's fix qwell to to read quell, aquainted to read acquainted, litte i'm suspecting is little, and 'Hearing words of strict no solidarity now she became worried. As she certainly wasn't aquainted with anyone here beyond Cassia.' are not two statements, but rather one, and shouldn't be divided with the period between. Also solidarity is the feeling of unity between persons, derived from the word solid, and in fact that is precisely what we do want. Let's rephrase this, i'd suggest 'Hearing the instructions that none were to venture away from the group alone she become uncomfortable because she wasn't acquainted with any of the others.', but it's entirely up to you. The first sentence also needs to be repaired for the same reasons, being 'of the circle, and of course', and also 'from the circle. Looking around' should be 'from the circle, looking around'.

These are only minor mistakes, and would have been forgiven, if they'd been noticed even. Don't get the impression i'm being pedantic, if it hadn't been put in this thread, i wouldn't have offered the edits, and admittedly i did go over it carefully for this purpose alone. Do as you please with the post, and when you're ready, you can put it with the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:34 pm

woopsie hehe sorry for wrong spot trying to do to much at once Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jersey Rocket

PostSubject: Re: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:52 pm

Hey, it's no trouble. If you would all like, go right ahead and post your things here beforehand. I'm sure we've all a hand to lend in making our posts better then they were alone. I'll be obliged to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)   [OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[OOC]The Inaugral Hunt (Fox)
Page 1 of 1